So begins another school year! Here we go!
New schedules, new routines, new events… and new knitting projects (you probably could guess I was headed in that direction, haha)
Over the summer, I was constantly collecting and being inspired for things I wanted to make for the fall, whether it be sweaters, cowls, shawls, hats, mittens, socks… ALL THE THINGS.
I cannot wait till the colder weather gets here, then I can really go crazy and be able to snuggle up in my handknit-squishy-goodness.
I got into the the habit of taking pictures that would give the illusion (“its all an illusion, Michael”) of it being an autumnal season. It made me feel better for obsessing about fallish/wintery things.
Once I got back to the wonderful United States of America, I sat down with my mom and we planned out what we’d like to make, and put together lists of things that we wanted to make, including yarn ideas that we would either find in our stash or purchase.
So here are a couple of sweaters that I cannot stop thinking about making, haha. I want to cast them all on now and then I can wear them… in the nonexistent cold weather. My time will come! Eventually!
- Wolf River by Melissa Schaschwary — I’ve already started this one, actually… and its going incredibly quickly! Very easy construction.
- the Ingrid Pullover by Isabell Kraemer — Oh my goodness, I’m always a sucker for colorwork. Not too much, but slightly more spicy than a beginning colorwork sweater.
- Holly by ANKESTRiCK — These seems like the perfect comfy pullover with a couple little design elements thrown in there. This is probably what I’ll be doing next!
- Artichoke French by Laura Nelkin — I have the yarn for this sitting on my shelf! I think it’ll be cast on soon ;-)
- Sous Sous by Norah Gaughan — When this first came out, I wasn’t a huge fan of the shape of it, but when I saw it knit up when we were visiting Loop in London, I was sold. It is absolutely stunning! And also very in style for the fall, I think.
- Season’s Promise by Melissa Schaschwary — Another one of Melissa’s patterns, haha. I love them so much! This looks like a cozy pullover with some fun texture to keep things interesting!
- Stay the Same by Veera Välimäki — Gotta have a fingering weight cardigan/pullover in there somewhere, haha. Though it has potential to take an incredible amount of time, it is SO cute and SO much fun.
- Old Romance by Joji Locatelli — It reminds me of the cardigan/lace version of Stay the Same, haha. Beautiful, playing with the colors would be fun. And interesting construction too.
- Jamestown by Amy Christoffers.— Cables. Slouchy. Free pattern. Beautiful.
Thats it for right now.. There are many others that I have saved in my queue, but these 9 are in the front of my knitting mind right now… Just waiting to be made. That being said, there are so many other things that are not sweaters that I can’t wait to make, haha. I’ll post about those later ;-)