Since Wednesday, I’ve been working on something called the Mediumweight Pullover…
It’s so horribly easy, it’s not even funny.
By Thursday afternoon, I was more than half-way done with it. I was so excited that it was going so quickly, and that there was a 90% chance that I’d get to wear it on Sunday.
Getting ready to continue on with the body, I looked forward in the pattern. Things weren’t coming out right. My face fell.
Flipping through the pattern, I was trying to find anything that could be a clue…
Until I came to the dreaded problem. Clearly it said…”This garment is made TOP DOWN”
*huge headesk* I was SO STUPID. For some odd and unexplainable reason, I thought the construction was bottom up.
So, what I thought was going to be the body, was actually supposed to be the neck, small cowl thing. And because I thought it was the body, I added ribbing because it didn’t say so in the pattern…but was in the picture. And it was just an error (this came out maybe like a week ago)
I also knit it 3 inches longer, because 9″ was too short…for the body. I didn’t suspect anything because it’s a relatively shorter pullover anyways.
So, long story short…I had to RIP EVERYTHING OUT. and start all over again.
So much for my hopes of wearing it on Sunday.
Oh well. All I can do is start over and learn from my mistakes. ALWAYS read EVERYTHING in a pattern before I start. ALWAYS. always always.
I do love my yarn though. it’s BEAUTIFUL. It’s Malabrigo Worsted in the color way “Stonechat”. I don’t quite understand the name….so I renamed it to “Chocolate Rose”
Yeah, it looks really green in that picture. But do not be deceived! It’s more brown-y than green-y. Then all that beautiful red.
But who knows, maybe I’ll knit like the wind tonight and tomorrow and get it done by Sunday.
Movie(s) of the evening: Jeeves and Wooster. Booyah.